Converted a special doc to pdf, but failed

https://app.box.com/s/okr3fjpzlbfbz3jg9r4wt5vqlewk3rb4 big doc file

@Feng_Minxuan

Could you please share what issue you are facing while converting DOC to PDF? We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

@Feng_Minxuan

We have converted the shared document to PDF using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 19.10 and it is converted without any issue.

FormatBase format = null;
format = new DocFormat(filePath);

DocMetadata metaData = ((DocFormat)format).DocumentProperties;
 _documentData.RemoveMetaData(metaData, options);
format.Save();
format.Dispose();

When I called “format.Save();”, I was stuck in a long wait and seemed to have a deadlock.

@Feng_Minxuan

Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

aspose.PNG (60.3 KB)
I think the problem I encountered is related to a lot of memory usage.

Program.zip (535 Bytes)

@Feng_Minxuan

Please note that performance and memory usage all depend on complexity and size of the documents you are generating.

In terms of memory, Aspose.Words does not have any limitations. If you are loading huge Word documents into Aspose.Words’ DOM, more memory would be required. This is because during processing, the document needs to be held wholly in memory. Usually, Aspose.Words needs 10 times more memory than the original document size to build a DOM in the memory.

When the document is closed, all the DOM data is purged from memory during the next garbage collector cycle. Please note that the memory may not be released until you close the application.

We suggest you please use SaveOptions.MemoryOptimization property to optimize the memory performance. Setting this option to true can significantly decrease memory consumption while saving large documents at the cost of slower saving time. Hope this helps you.