Converted PowerPoints are not resizing properly in IE11

The converted output of Aspose.Slides when contained within a smallish window will look like this:

image.jpg (101.0 KB)

Note that the slide is not filling it’s container. Changing the window size a bit up or a bit down will do nothing to the size of the slide within, unless you increase the window size a lot and then what happens, is the siide overfills it’s container:

image.jpg (182.5 KB)

As you can see above that the window now has scrollbars. The troubling thing is that there is no in between. It’s either way too small or way too big. But in other browsers, the size of the slide goes up and down with the size of the window. I would like to see it work like this in IE.

Is there anybody else experiencing this issue? If so, is there some kind of work around, so that the size of the slide is properly responsive to window size in IE11?

Thanks,

Chelsey

@chelynnfoster,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source file along with generated result and sample code so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Output:
PowerPoint4013.zip (1.8 MB)
Source File:
Test_With_BG.zip (680.6 KB)
Code:

ResponsiveHtmlController controller = new ResponsiveHtmlController();
HtmlOptions htmlOptions = new HtmlOptions { HtmlFormatter = HtmlFormatter.CreateCustomFormatter(controller) };

for (int i = 0; i < presentation.Slides.Count; i++)
                    {

presentation.Save(destDir + @"\Slide" + (i + 1) + ".html", new[] { i + 1 }, SaveFormat.Html, htmlOptions);
                    }

@chelynnfoster,

I have worked with source file and sample code shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 19.1 and unable to observe issue. I have also shared my generated result with you. I have investigate this issue using IE11 and unable to observe problem there as well. Please check attachment.Results.zip (1.8 MB)

I opened the results you sent in IE11 and had the same issue.

The size of the slide does not scale when I change the size of the window. When the window is roughtly 800x600 and smaller, the slide is about 300x150. When the window is larger than 800x600, the slide becomes quite large at roughly 1200x700. It does not scale in between. It simply jumps from very small to very large as I increase the size of the window passed 800x600. If this is not happening to you, can you send a screen recording of you opening the output in IE11 and increasing and decreasing the size of the window/

Thanks so much!

Chelsey

@chelynnfoster,

I have observed your following comments:

By above do you mean that when you change the resolution of your Windows to 800 x 600? If yes, then what is larger resolution that you have used?

Also, can you please also share that under what resolution of Windows did you generate the HTML output and later tested that on different resolutions. I suggest you one thing is to generate the output in some bigger resolution and then verify the results. I hope the shared elaboration will be helpful.

Sorry, that;s not exactly what I meant.

I am talking about window size not resolution.

In every browser except IE11 when I enlarge the window (by dragging the bottom right hand corner of the window), the size of the slide also enlarges. The output fills the window regardless of size.

In IE11 this is not the case. If the window is smallish, the output is so small you can hardly read it. But when the window gets to a certain size, the output jumps to being even bigger than the window. Please see the images I uploaded in the original post. If you look at the output that you attached to your previous reply in IE11 and play with the window size, you will see what I mean.

Thanks,

Chelsey

@chelynnfoster,

We are trying to reproduce the issue on our end and have not been able to reproduce it. We are working over it and will get back to you with feedback as soon as possible by today.

@chelynnfoster,

We have investigated the issue on our end and created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-40915 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40915) have been fixed in this update.