Converting Doc containing Images to PDF

Hi,

The attached document has only images and if I try to convert this file to pdf, only the last page appears in the converted PDF file.

Please find the attached example doc and converted pdf.

Thanks

Hello Balaji,

I have tested the issue and I’m able to reproduce the same problem. I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-6320. We will investigate this issue in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I am a developer of aspose pdf team.
I tested it with Aspose.Words 5.3.0.0 and Aspose.Pdf 3.8.0.5. In my investigation, I think it should be an issue in aspose words side. Here is the xml generated by Aspose.Words:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Pdf xml:space="preserve" TabStopPosition="36" IsCoreFontUsed="false"
IsPageNumberForDocument="true" Author="Victoria Baker"
Title="&lt;&lt;Transaction" Producer="Coldwell Banker
Residential Brokerage" xmlns="Aspose.Pdf">

<Section PageWidth="612" PageHeight="792" PageMarginTop="14.4"
PageMarginBottom="14.4" PageMarginLeft="14.4" PageMarginRight="14.4"
IsNewPage="true">

<Text IsSpaced="true" LineSpacing="1.5" ID="paraId_1">
      <b><Segment FontName="Verdana" Color="gray 255" FontSize="10">#$NP</Segment>

<Segment FontName="Verdana" Color="gray 255" FontSize="10">#$NP</Segment>
     <Segment FontName="Verdana" Color="gray 255" FontSize="10">#$NP</Segment>

<Segment FontName="Verdana" Color="gray 255" FontSize="10">5555</Segment>
      <Segment FontName="Times New Roman" Color="gray 255" FontSize="12"> </Segment></b>

</Text>
    <FloatingBox Width="604.5" Height="761.25" ZIndex="1" BoxHorizontalAlignment="</font>
<div id=":1en" class="ArwC7c ckChnd"><wbr><font size="2">Center" BoxHorizontalPositioning="</font><wbr><font size="2">Page" BoxVerticalAlignment="Center" BoxVerticalPositioning="Page">

<Image File="<b>E:\temp\temps.001.png</b>" Type="png" IsImageNotFoundErrorIgnored="</font><wbr><font size="2">true" FixWidth="604.5" FixHeight="761.25" />
    </FloatingBox>

<FloatingBox Width="597" Height="760.5" ZIndex="2" BoxHorizontalAlignment="</font><wbr><font size="2">Center" BoxHorizontalPositioning="</font><wbr><font size="2">Page" BoxVerticalAlignment="Center" BoxVerticalPositioning="Page">

<Image File="<b>E:\temp\temps.002.png"</b> Type="png" IsImageNotFoundErrorIgnored="</font><wbr><font size="2">true" FixWidth="597" FixHeight="760.5" />
    </FloatingBox>
    <FloatingBox Width="603.75" Height="759.75" ZIndex="3" BoxHorizontalAlignment="</font><wbr><font size="2">Center" BoxHorizontalPositioning="</font><wbr><font size="2">Page" BoxVerticalAlignment="Center" BoxVerticalPositioning="Page">

<Image File="<b>E:\temp\temps.003.png</b>" Type="png" IsImageNotFoundErrorIgnored="</font><wbr><font size="2">true" FixWidth="603.75" FixHeight="759.75" />
    </FloatingBox>

<FloatingBox Width="597" Height="755.25" ZIndex="4" BoxHorizontalAlignment="</font><wbr><font size="2">Center" BoxHorizontalPositioning="</font><wbr><font size="2">Page" BoxVerticalAlignment="Center" BoxVerticalPositioning="Page">

<Image File="<b>E:\temp\temps.004.png</b>" Type="png" IsImageNotFoundErrorIgnored="</font><wbr><font size="2">true" FixWidth="597" FixHeight="755.25" />
    </FloatingBox><br>  </Section>

</Pdf>

According to the above xml fragment, there would be three blank pages in the pdf and all the four images are at the fourth page and overlapped.
I have reported it to aspose words team. They will reply to you soon.

Best regards.

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m Viktor, the developer on Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf. My colleagues asked me to inspect your case.

This is really a known issue WORDSNET-1484 with Aspose.Words. But to fix it we need cooperation with Aspose.Pdf. Technical reason is that some floating objects are anchored to paragraphs containing page breaks. In this case they go to next pages. If you can eliminate such anchoring it could be a good workaround.

Regards,

I really appreciate your explanation on the issue.

These documents are created by business users and from the IT Team, I have very less control on these documents.

I definitely would recommend our business users to avoid this kind of docs, but in the mean time, if you guys could fix this issue, it would be great for the teams like us.

Thanks
-Balaji

Hello balaji,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We would definitely try to get this issue resolved, but as Viktor have mentioned, both Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf teams need to cooperate to get this issue resolved, so it might take little time. As soon as we have made progress in this matter, we would be pleased to let you informed.

Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6320) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 1484) have been fixed in this update.