Converting doc to pdf alters table

Hi,

I have converted the attached .docx to .pdf, and I noticed that the table in it was split in half, and it has also moved up on the page (I have also attached the result).

Any idea what may be causing it?
Thank you!
Hi Emma,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 16.5.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-13877. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Emma,

This problem actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words and we regret to share with you that implementation of this issue has been postponed for now. However, the fix of this problem may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. Unfortunately, we cannot currently promise a resolution date. We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

The issue occurs because MS Word uses a different logic for floating table positioning and breaking across pages in 2013 mode, and Aspose.Words does currently not implement that logic.

The problematic table is floating, page-relative. It is logically located before the paragraph starting with "Company name" text. For some reason, MS Word does not break the table across pages. It seems, the behavior is specific to 2013 mode. If we manually set compatMode to 14 in settings.xml, MS Word opens the document in compatibility mode and breaks the table across pages, producing a layout similar to Aspose.Words output (but not quite matching as the table is broken differently).

MS Word logic that prevents table breaking for your document in 2013 mode should be investigated and implemented.

We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13877) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.8 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.8 update.