Converting doc to pdf- font not used on a all character

I am trying to convert the attached .doc to a pdf-A using aspose.word

The barcode is actually text in the truetype font I2OF5TXT. In the pdf this font is correctly applied to the first and last character but not to the characters in between.

Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to use additional save options?

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,
I was not able to reproduce this issue using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please try with the latest version. You can also try setting the default font if it works in case of older version.
Aspose.Words.Fonts.FontSettings.DefaultFontName = “I2OF5TXT.TTF”;
Best Regards,

Hello,

Upgrading to latest Aspose version solved a part of the problem.

The previous test document differed from the actual document and that document still gives an error in Aspose.words 15.1.0.0. The font is used correctly, but the barcode is not in the right place.

See the attachment for the example and the result.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,
Yes, I was able to notice the difference. We are further investigating the issue and will update you soon.
Best Regards,

Hi Frank,
The issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11585. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.
Best Regards,

Hello,

Can you give an update on the status of WORDSNET-11585?

Can you also give an estimate when the fix can be expected?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for being patient. Our product team has resolved your issue (WORDSNET-11585) and they have planned to include the fix to your issue in next 15.4.0 - Apr 2015 release of Aspose.Words. We will inform you via this thread as soon as a release containing the fix to your issue is published by the end of current week.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11585) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for fixing this issue.

However, we still have a similar problem with another type of document.

The text and barcodes in the right margin are rotated after conversion.

See the attached files.

Aspose.words 15.4.0.0 was used for this conversion.

Hopefully you can solve this problem too.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Hi Frank,
This looks to be a different issue. Can you please share your code to reproduce this issue as I get a different output as compared to yours? Also, please share shorter version of the document (with one or two pages) if possible because all pages show the same issue in your result.pdf file.
Best Regards,

The source code can be found in the attachment.

We were only provided with this testfile of 9 pages. If you think that it is useful, I can use MSword to delete some pages from that document and upload it again, but I don’t know if there’s a risk that this changes the remaining pages in the document.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,
The only issue I can notice in the output PDF is that rotation of barcodes is not correct; position of the barcodes is correct. Can you please confirm if you are referring to the same issue?
Best Regards,

Hello,
The issues is indeed that the rotation of the barcodes is incorrect, the position is correct.
Also the text
Briefken
merk:
2LZX8
is rotated incorrectly.
This text is located in the right margin, halfway on the page.
Regards,
Frank

Hi Frank,
This rotation issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11873. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.
Best Regards,

Any update?

our systems are completely down untill this issue is fixed.

Hi Frank,
The issue is in the pipeline and has not been analyzed yet. We will be able to share more details once the issue has been analyzed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,

Any news?

Is there a way I can escalate this issue? This is taking way too long!!

Yours.

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue WORDSNET-11873 is not resolved yet. It is pending for analysis and is in the queue. This is because there are many other important issues ahead of your issue in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
PS: If this issue is important to you, and for the fast resolution of this issue, please have a look at enhanced support options - e.g. purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of this issue directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.
If you would like to take advantage of Enhanced Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum -https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6
Best regards,

Hi Frank,
This is not actually a bug. You can use the following option to resolve this issue.

Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions o = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
o.DmlRenderingMode = Aspose.Words.Saving.DmlRenderingMode.DrawingML;

Best Regards,

Thanks for your support.
The conversion is working as expected.

Regards,
Frank