We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Converting .docx to .doc gives alignment issues in tables

Hi,

While converting docx documents to .doc using the something like below, we are facing one alignment issue in tables. The issue is the space between the table borders and text is gone in .doc.

setLicense();
Document doc = new Document(“C:/sample.docx”);
doc.save(“c:/out.doc”, SaveFormat.DOC);

But when I do this conversion manually in MS Office 2003, I do not see this issue.
I had attached the documents with this.

Is this is a known issue

Hi Saravanakumar,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I managed to reproduce this issue on my side and have logged this problem in our bug tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

We are having big problem in Production because of this. We have the support license, we need immediate assistance on this.

Do you have any issue number create for this?

Appreciate your quick response.

Hi

Thanks for your request. The issue number is WORDSNET-5495.

The problem occurs because internal margins of cells are lost upon converting DOCX to DOC. As a temporary workaround, you can simply reset them in your code:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\sample.docx");

// Get all tables and reset cell paddings.

NodeCollection<Table> tables = doc.getChildNodes(NodeType.TABLE, true);

for(Table table : tables)

{

table.setLeftPadding(5.4);

table.setRightPadding(5.4);

}

doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.doc");

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5495) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.