Converting Excel files to PDF - variety of Style and Format Issues

I wanted to check on the status of the filed issues:

• CELLSJAVA-40960: Chart formatting - grid lines
  • CELLSJAVA-40961: Chart formatting - graph lines
  • CELLSJAVA-40963: Unwanted values on the chart bottom axis
  • CELLSJAVA-40964: Changed Chart Axis value

• Please let me know if these are being handled and when we can expect the changes.

Thank you

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for writing back.

I am afraid, your referenced tickets are not resolved yet. We have recorded notes for the concerned development team members to share the insight of these tickets, and most preferably an estimated release schedule for the fix. As soon as we receive more updates in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40965;CELLSJAVA-40962) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

Please try the new fix for CELLSJAVA-40963 - Unwanted Chart Axis values rendered in the PDF of CheeseExample.xlsx.

Also, for CELLSJAVA-40964 issue. We can’t fix it. We can read the original value is “0.73900000000000166”. We don’t know why the excel cut it to “0.739”.

Hi Kelly,

Please also try the following code snippet against the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.1.2.4 for the ticket CELLSJAVA-40961 (Graph lines for chart data points are not connected in rendered PDF).

Java

Workbook wb = new Workbook(myDir + fname);
    PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
    options.setImageType(ImageFormat.getPng());
    options.setAllColumnsInOnePagePerSheet(true);
    wb.save(myDir + fname + “.pdf”, options);

Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance.

Thank you for continuing to work on these issues. The issue CELLSJAVA-40963 has been resolved from my end as well. For the other issue CELLSJAVA-40963, it should match the source cell formatting, which is to truncate the number to 2 decimal places. Why is it not following this behavior?

Thanks again. I look forward to all of these issues being resolved,
    Kelly Reynolds

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are unable to fix issue (CELLSJAVA-40964) related to “0.739” value which is shown as 0.739000000000002 instead.

However, the issue is still open and we have logged your comment. We will investigate it further if we could fix it. In case, we could not fix it, we will close this issue as Won’t Fix.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40961;CELLSJAVA-40963) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

I still have the issue 40963 occurring on my examples when I use the 8.2.1 jar. However, that issue went away in the 8.2.0.2 update. I have attached the two examples.

All of these changes were seen in the 8.2.0.2 update as well.

Hi,

Please see the previous auto message posted by Aspose notifier:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40961;CELLSJAVA-40963) have been fixed in this update.

In short, please try our latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.2 (we released it today) which does resolve this issue “CELLSJAVA-40963” as well.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

My mistake, I downloaded the most recent one under the “new releases” tab. The changes are there in the one that you pointed me to.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you provide us template Excel file here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Do you mean the example files from before?

I’ve attached those to this response.

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

I am sorry but still I could not find the issue using your “CheeseExample.xlsx” file. I got the similar output as per “CheeseExample8202.pdf” you attached previously in your previous reply. I am using Aspose.Cells for Java v8.2.2 (latest), please try it if you are using some other version. I have also attached the output file for your reference here.
    e.g
    Sample code:

String filePath = “e:\test2\CheeseExample.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.save(“outCheeseExample.pdf”);

Thank you.

Right. I have this same example. I mentioned that the errors were fixed when I used the right jar.

Right now I am just waiting for 40960 and 40964.

Thanks

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the confirmation on the closed issues. Among the open ones, we will try our best to provide the fix for CELLSJAVA-40960 at earliest possible. Whereas the other issue (logged as CELLSJAVA-40964) is proving hard to fix. We will keep looking into it further so it could be resolved too.

Thank you for your continued work. I anticipate these issues’ being resolved.

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We do not know how to fix the following issue and therefore closed it as Won’t Fix.

• CELLSJAVA-40964 - Column Axis value changed in the rendered PDF

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.4.0:
    http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry614286.aspx

We have fixed the following issue in it:
    CELLSJAVA-40960 - Chart’s Secondary Vertical grid-lines are not Rendered in PDF

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.