Converting from PDF to PDF/A originates a deformated document

Hello,

When converting a PDF document to PDF/A (precisely, PDF_A_2B), the converted document appears deformated (for instance, there are text overlaps, the font is different, the text size goes beyond its limits, etc).

I already use the online tool of Aspose to convert the same PDF document and the result is the same.

Is this a bug from Aspose? Or do I need to configure something in order to solve this issue?

Since the document has sensitive data, I attached to this topic two images displaying an excerpt of the original PDF document (excerptOriginalPDF.png) and the converted PDF/A document (excerptConvertedPDFA.png) to help diagnose the issue. In addition, I also attached the fonts that are being used in both documents, namely:

• fontsOriginalPDF.png, for the fonts used in the original PDF document
  • fontsConvertedPDFA.png, for the fonts used in the converted PDF/A document

Best regards
excerptOriginalPDF.png (15.2 KB)

fontsConvertedPDFA.png (14.1 KB)

fontsOriginalPDF.png (37.2 KB)

excerptConvertedPDFA.png (26.2 KB)

@solutionfinder

If possible, can you please share your sample PDF document for our reference so that we can try to reproduce the issue? Also, please try using the latest version of the API before sharing the requested information.

Yes, although I replaced all characters in the PDF with the character ‘a’ since the document had sensitive information (but the result remained the same).

I leave it here both the original document (originalPDF.pdf) and the converted PDF/A document (convertedPDFA.pdf).
Note: in the original document you can see a few words that are beyond its limits (and overlapped) but that only happened due to the automatic procedure that I used for the characters replacement. The important thing here, is that the converted PDF/A document is with a very different format (for instance, there are text overlaps, the font is different, the text size goes beyond its limits, etc) when compared with the original document.

Once again, I also tried to use your online converter (PDF a PDF/A-1A conversor online - Converta PDF a PDF/A-1A GRATUITAMENTE) and the converted PDF/A document was equal to the one that is produced when using the Aspose libraries in C#.

originalPDF.pdf (12.6 KB)

convertedPDFA.pdf (3.9 MB)

Best regards

@solutionfinder

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-57285

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.