Converting GDI image From Aspose.Word to Aspose.Pdf Document

Hi,
I create a GDI image using .Net Framework 2.0 (C#) and save it using Aspose.Word then convert this word document to PDF document.

Follwoing observation i found :-
1.Image quality is not good in .Pdf document as compare to Word document.
2.Text/Label are not sharp as like word document.
3.all text are displaying as bold in PDF where as it is normal font in word.

Can any one help me out to find solution for it. My requirement is both format of my document(word and Pdf) should look same.

Thanks in advance.
Dwarika

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. Aspose.Words extracts picture correctly. You can use the following code for testing:
    Document doc = new Document(@“Test089\in.doc”);
    doc.Save(@“Test089\out.xml”, SaveFormat.AsposePdf);
    Image will be saved in the same folder as an intermediate XML will. You will see that image looks the same as in MS Word document. Therefore, problem occurs on Aspose.Pdf side.
  2. and 3. In Aspose.Words we do not substitute any fonts with others.
    So these questions should be asked to Aspose.Pdf Team.

Also currently, Aspose.Words contains functionality to convert Word document to PDF directly without using Aspose.PDF. Unfortunately, I cannot say that direct conversion gives better result that old method. However, note this is only 1.1 version of our rendering engine.
There is a problem with header upon direct conversion to PDF, so I created new issue #7197 in our defect database.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7197) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by alexey.noskov.