Converting lists from word to html in java generates xf0b7 chars

using aspose words for java for converting word doc’s to html
we have some difficulties converting word lists. In the end our html uses xf0b7 chars instead of the expected list-items.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your query. It would be great, If you share your document for investigation purposes.

No problem. However, maybe I should refrase the question. A workaround is including the windows symbol.ttf in our java jar-file and using that with FontSettings. We feel this is a very ugly workaround, and would like to have a suggestion using the unix fonts.

And this is our test-document.

Cheers,
Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.1.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSNET-6056. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We are currently working on an option to allow you to choose how to export list items to HTML. When this is available you will be able to choose to export as native list items (i.e <ul> and <li> tags)). We will inform you as soon as this feature is available.

In the mean time you can work around this problem by changing all list items in the document before conversion to use a more common font found in Linux distributions and a different character. Please see the code below.

foreach(Paragraph para in doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Paragraph, true))
{
    if (para.IsListItem)
    {
        ListLevel level = para.ListFormat.ListLevel;
        // Choose a different font for the list label.
        level.Font.Name = "Verdana";
        // If this is a bullet point replace it with a character available in the charset.
        if (level.NumberStyle == NumberStyle.Bullet)
            level.NumberFormat = "\u2022";
    }
}

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1170) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)