We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Converting Microsoft Word files (with math equations) into pdf

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have been testing Aspose.Words for Java 1.6 regarding converting Microsoft Word files (.doc and .docx) into pdf.

I have noticed that plain text Word files are converted to pdf without problems but the file with mathematical equations are not converted at all. The following exception is thrown:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File name: mathematicstest.docx

Exception: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.String$CaseInsensitiveComparator.compare(String.java:1217)

at java.lang.String$CaseInsensitiveComparator.compare(String.java:1211)

at java.util.TreeMap.getEntryUsingComparator(TreeMap.java:351)

at java.util.TreeMap.getEntry(TreeMap.java:322)

at java.util.TreeMap.get(TreeMap.java:255)

at asposewobfuscated.ëMR.ëU(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.ëMR.ëV(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.ëMR.ëZ(Unknown Source)

at asposewobfuscated.ëMH.ëZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ë99.ëX(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ë99.ëY(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ë99.layout(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëAE.ëZQA(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëAE.layout(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ë2M.ëy(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëZSJ.(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëZSL.ëZl(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëZSM.(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëZSW.ëZn(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëUT.ëYh(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëUT.ëfN(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëUT.moveNext(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.ëDK.ëZ(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.Document.updatePageLayout(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.Document.ëYs(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.Document.ëhu(Unknown Source)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The equations in the document are there as equation objects, which are stored as OLE objects to connect to the equation editor. Is it a feature of Word documents that Aspose.Words don’t support?

Please find the file that I used in my tests attached

Regards

Henryk

Hi Henryk,

Thanks for your inquiry. The fix to the issue WORDSNET-9181 has now been implemented in the current code base and the fix will be included in November release of Aspose.Words (13.11.0). We will inform you as soon as the November 2013 release of Aspose.Words is published.

Best regards,

Hi Henryk,

Thank you for asking the issue status via email. We have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-9181 has now been resolved and it’s fix will be included in Aspose.Words 13.11.0 release which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around November’ 30, 2013). We will inform you via this thread as soon as the November 2013 release of Aspose.Words is published.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9181) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

I have just tested Aspose.Words for Java and I have noticed that there are still some problems when converting docx files with mathematical equations to pdf.

I have inluded example files for comparison.

Please find attached the following files:
1) mathematicstest.docx - the file to be converted to pdf
2) mathematicstest.pdf - the file converted to pdf using Apose.Words for Java 13.11.0
3) mathematicstest (BY PrimoPDF).pdf - the pdf file obtained by conversion of mathematicstest.docx by using PrimoPDF converter

The differences between the original docx and pdf files are not acceptable and we can not use it in our project yet.

Regards
Henryk

Hi Henryk,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hi Henryk,

Thank you for being patient. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.11.0, I managed to reproduce a couple of issues on my side. The IDs of these new issues are WORDSNET-9419 and WORDSNET-9420. Your thread has been linked to these issues and you will be notified as soon as they are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

I have not heard from you for some time.
I am wondering if the problem has been solved?

Hi Henryk,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, WORDSNET-9419 and WORDSNET-9580 are still unresolved. Our development team has completed the analysis of these issues however the implementation has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Secondly, we have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-9420 has now been resolved and it’s fix will be included in Aspose.Words 14.1.0 release which is planned to be released in next couple of days. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the January 2014 release of Aspose.Words is published.

Best regards,

Hello,
Could you let me know what the WORDSNET-9580 is about please?
It has not been raised by me.
Regards
Henryk

Hi Henryk,

Thanks for your inquiry.

During resolving WORDSNET-9420, our development team has identified that formulas are rendered in one line if there are no explicit line breaks. Instead, Aspose.Words should be able to wrap OfficeMath equation upon rendering if there is not enough space. We logged this as a separate issue with ID WORDSNET-9580. However, this turns out to be a complex issue and there is no estimate available at the moment.

We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9420) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9580) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9419) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.