Converting OST 2013/2016 formats to PST

Hello!

At page Load and Convert Outlook Offline Folder File (OST)

says: “At present, the API supports converting OST formats to PST except OST 2013/2016”

when planned to be added this feature?

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We are sorry but this feature can not be implemented due to different structures of these file formats. However, you can read these OST file formats using Aspose.Email API and create a new PST file with its contents by recursively parsing the OST file. Please feel free to write to us if you have any other query in this regard.
Thank you for your answer!

kashif.iqbal:
read these OST file formats using Aspose.Email API
you mean usual way like it?
PersonalStorage ost = PersonalStorage.FromFile(fileost);

kashif.iqbal:
create a new PST file
you mean like it?
PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.Create('filename.pst', FileFormatVersion.Unicode);

kashif.iqbal:
with its contents recursively parsing the OST file
under the "recursive parsing" You understand copying the directory tree into the new PST file?
Could you suggest any materials about this topic? (I do not know which copy data structures from OST to PST is a necessary and sufficient)

Hi,

1. Yes, you are right.

2. Yes, you are right at this point as well.

3. You can follow the example [here ](http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/emailnet/Extract+Messages+from+Outlook+PST+Files+and+Save+to+Disk+or+Stream+in+MSG+Format) for parsing through the PST file for its structure and creating the same in the destination PST file. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

I try to open OST 2013 as follow:

PersonalStorage ost = PersonalStorage.FromFile(fileost);

but I receive:
"An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.EndOfStreamException' occurred in Aspose.Email.dll
Additional information: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream."

I use version Aspose.Email_6.8.0 / net4.0

What's my mistake?

Hi,

The code sample you are trying looks fine. Please share your sample OST file with us for further investigation at our end. We’ll look into it at our end and assist you further.

Sorry! file was corrupted

mistake was that my disk space ends and only 512 KB of file was copying. And because the size is very similar to the typical size of the old ost file format, I did not suspect anything.

So, it is a mistake of Skype, which did not warn me about the failure to send a file, but not your fault.

(Of course, somehow immediately verify file integrity on your part would be great!)

I’ll ask you again, if required.

Is there a way to find out what a particular format (old or new) corresponds to a particular OST file?

Whether is planned support to save the PST to FileFormatVersion.ANSI format?

Thank You!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

The FileFormatVersion.ANSI is an old file format and for the time being, we don’t have any plans to provide support for it. Please feel free to write to us if you have any other query related to the API.