Converting PDF to PDFA makes distorded text

Hello,
Using Aspose.Pdf.dll version 17.1.0.0.

Converting each pdf file in attachment with this code:

PdfFormatConversionOptions opts = new PdfFormatConversionOptions("d:\\report.xml", PdfFormat.PDF_A_2A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
bool converted = inputDocument.Convert(opts);
inputDocument.Save(outputFilePath);

brings corrupted and distorted text.

Changing conversion format or other options are helpless.

Assuming that something with the rendering engine, because letters are correct in total, but their positioning is corrupted. See attachment.

Thank you.
Konstantin.

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have used attached input file(s) for PDF to PDF-A Conversion. I have also noticed the text formatting issue in the generated output file(s). I have logged the issue for every single input file in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-42182, PDFNET-42204 and PDFNET-42205. We will further investigate the issues and keep you updated on the status. Please have patience and give us a little time. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

We have one more file and it looks like it has the same problem as files in main post.

It contains distorted text when we convert it to PDF/A-2a and it does not pass validation for PDF/A-1b.

See the source file and converted by Aspose.Pdf 17.4.0 in attachment

Valeriy

Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for sharing further details.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the issue that after PDF to PDFA conversion for the attached PDF the text becomes distorted. For the sake of correction, I have logged a ticket PDFNET-42581 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated on the status of its resolution within this forum thread.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-42581) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)

Hello!

We have tested the new version of Aspose library and see that distored text issue was fixed indeed. Thank you for this!
However there was another validation issue reported regarding the file - output file is not PDF/A-1b complient. And this issue is still reproduced with the new library version.

Can you please take a look?

Best regards,
Liza

@uaprogrammer

Thanks for writing back.

Would you please share the sample PDF document, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.