Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Converting PDF to TIFF-- TIFF image specifications

Hi guys,

My project requires that the TIFF output have the following spec: i. Documents should be in B&W (Black and White) CCITT Group 4(2d) FAX TIF format ii. The documents passed should have minimum image resolution of 200 DPI and less than 250 DPI iii. The document passed as TIF image should have Photometric Interpretation value as “0” or “WhiteIsZero”.

Is this supported by your product.

Thanks,

This message was posted using Email2Forum by tilal.ahmad.

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for contacting support.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java does not support the feature to specify the TIFF image type. For the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-15563 in our issue tracking system. Besides this, you can specify the resolution of TIFF image using setResolution(…) method of PdfConverter class.

Now concerning to your requirement “The document passed as TIF image should have Photometric Interpretation value as “0” or “WhiteIsZero”.” can you please share some further details. We are sorry for this inconvenience.
A bilevel image contains two colors—black and white. TIFF allows an application to write out bilevel data in either a white-is-zero or black-is-zero format. The
field that records this information is called PhotometricInterpretation.
PhotometricInterpretation
Tag = 262 (106.H)
Type = SHORT
Values:
0 = WhiteIsZero. For bilevel and grayscale images: 0 is imaged as white. The maximum value is imaged as black. This is the normal value for Compression=2.
1 = BlackIsZero. For bilevel and grayscale images: 0 is imaged as black. The maximum value is imaged as white. If this value is specified for Compression=2, the
image should display and print reversed.
bmartyn:
A bilevel image contains two colors—black and white. TIFF allows an application to write out bilevel data in either a white-is-zero or black-is-zero format. The
field that records this information is called PhotometricInterpretation.
PhotometricInterpretation
Tag = 262 (106.H)
Type = SHORT
Values:
0 = WhiteIsZero. For bilevel and grayscale images: 0 is imaged as white. The maximum value is imaged as black. This is the normal value for Compression=2.
1 = BlackIsZero. For bilevel and grayscale images: 0 is imaged as black. The maximum value is imaged as white. If this value is specified for Compression=2, the
image should display and print reversed.
Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-33252 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.