Converting PPTX files to PDF/A

Hello,

I am having trouble when converting PowerPoint files to a valid, PDF/A 1B compliant PDF.

I am using Aspose.Slides 16.1.0.0. The conversion and validation is performed with the following code:

var presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(@“test.pptx”);
Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions opt = new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();
opt.Compliance = Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;
presentation.Save(@“testpptx.pdf”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, opt);

var logStream = new MemoryStream();
var pdfDoc = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(@“testpptx.pdf”);
var isValid = pdfDoc.Validate(logStream, PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B);
File.WriteAllBytes(@“log.txt”, logStream.ToArray());

The validation returns the value false, and the file log.txt contains the following error:

CIDSet is missing or incomplete in font 'FAAAAJ+Calibri-Light’

Adobe Preflight agrees that the product of conversion (please find attached testpptx.pdf) is not PDF/A 1B compliant. I am also attaching the source file test.pptx.

Is there a bug in Aspose.Slides, or is there a problem with my code? Please let me know. Thank you.

Hi Eva,

I have observed the issue shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified in log file. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-37263 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello. I would like to know if this issue has been resolved or not?

@natalial,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue specified here is not resolved yet. We will share details regarding ETA for this issue soon. I request for your patience.

@natalial,

With the latest version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 20.4, you can now have PDF/A-1a compliance support available in API for exporting to PDF. Please read the possible compliance options from this API reference guide link. The following article suggest how to set compliance in PDF.

Exporting to PDF with options