PPTX to PDF: The Bar chart is improperly rendered (Java)

Hey everyone,

currently we’re having a problem with converting PPTX files to PDF files. Bar charts that looked fine on the original Presentation file are looking a bit glitched on the generated PDF. I don’t see that we’re doing anything special and i also dont see what else we could do here.

Here’s the code we’re using:

PdfOptions options = new PdfOptions();
options.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);
options.setTextCompression(PdfTextCompression.Flate);
options.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.Pdf15);

ByteArrayOutputStream pdfOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
presentation.save(pdfOutputStream, SaveFormat.Pdf, options);

We’re currently using aspose slides for java 18.12. i also tested it with aspose slides 19.10 with the same results.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

@chamcham123,

Can you please share source file so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hello Adnan.Ahmad,

here’s said pptx-file with the bar chart that’s causing problems:
lorem-dummy-test.zip (46.2 KB)

when converting the file from pptx to pdf the bars start to float somewhere around the chart. they also are a lot smaller than in the original pptx file.

thanks again for your help.

@chamcham123,

I have worked with source file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-37845 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hey Adnan.Ahmad,

i was wondering if you could get me a rough estimate on when this problem will be addressed by you, seeing the Issue Status was set to “Blocked” recently.

Thanks for your assistance!

@chamcham123,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved owing to missing support in Aspose.Slides. The issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in Aspose.Slides for .NET. It will be first investigate and resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET first and will then be ported to Aspose.Slides for Java. We will share good news with you soon.

Hello @Adnan.Ahmad

i just stumbled upon the Issue Status and had to see it’s set to “closed” without noticing me? Can you tell me whats the status here?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-37845) have been fixed in this update.