Converting RTF to PDF

Hi,

We are evaluating the use of Aspose.Words for converting RTF to PDF. Our client’s current solution is based on an ad-hoc Java/Word conversion. We have done conversion of a number of documents using Aspose.Words 10.3.0 jdk1.5 (we have also tested some documents with newer versions). Most documents turns out fine, but there are some we are having trouble with. As you can see from the attached example (303399.pdf), some objects are misplaced in the PDF and the headers and footers are different in the file formats.

This is how we are using the Aspose.Words API:

import com.aspose.words.Document;
import com.aspose.words.SaveFormat;

public OutputStream convertToPdf(InputStream inputStream, OutputStream outputStream) throws Exception {
Document document = new Document(inputStream);
document.save(outputStream, SaveFormat.PDF);
return outputStream;
}

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Stian Landsnes

Hi Stian,

Thank you for using Aspose.Words.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.6.0, I managed to reproduce these issues on my side. I have logged these issues in our bug tracking system and your request has been linked to the appropriate issues.You will be notified as soon as these are resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi.

Do you have any idea of an estimated fix date or relase date for these issues??

Regards
Andreas Dale

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, these issues are not resolved yet. Both of these issues are pending for analysis and are in the queue. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding these issues. However, you will surely be notified via this forum thread as soon as these are resolved.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5461) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5460) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.5 update also available on NuGet.