We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Converting to PDF. 400(Bad Request)

Hello,

We use this service to convert RTF documents to PDF. We just recently started receiving 400 errors with our get requests of the following format:

<span style=“font-size:9.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>https://api.aspose.com/v1.0/words/format=Pdf

Is there anything you can see on your end to explain this issues? We had a similar issue last Thursday with 500 errors and this issue lasted for almost half a day.

Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Thank You

Hello, still appear to be receiving this errors from the Aspose API.


Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide.

Thank You.

This issue appears to be very similar to a thread I posted a couple months ago:


GET API call

Hi Paul,

Regarding 500 errors, I would like to share that Aspose for Cloud is hosted on Amazon servers and we are using Amazon EC2 for this purpose. Amazon were facing performance issues in some areas which also affected some of our customers. These errors were specific to Amazon only and Aspose for Cloud was working fine.

As far as 400 errors are concerned, can you please share if all of your requests are throwing the same error? When you last reported this error, it was affecting one file only and the issue with that file was resolved.

If a specific file is throwing this exception, please share that file for further analysis. If all of your requests and all files are throwing the same error, then please share the email ID attached to your Aspose for Cloud account.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hello Muhammad, I replied directly to you yesterday with some more information regarding this issue. We are still experiencing this issue every few hours.


This is a time sensitive issue for our clients. Is there anything your are able to see on your end? Please let me know if I can provide any more information that will help us reach a solution.

Hello,


We are still experiencing intermittent issues with our GET requests with the Aspose API for converting to PDF. Is there any update on this issue?

Thank You

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay.

There is no issue with the service and it is throwing proper error message instead of 400 for your documents. The issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as SAASWORDS-216. This is document specific issue and your mentioned documents only throw the same exception. There is no such issue with other documents.

The good news is that your documents have been tested with the latest version of our codebase and it converts them successfully. Latest codebase will be deployed to live service and the issue will be resolved soon.

If you want us to test more documents, you can share those documents as well. Looks like SAASWORDS-216 will resolve the issue for all documents but still it is better to share all documents to let us test with the latest version of our codebase.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

What is the target release date for your new codebase? We have production customers unable to view documents.


Thank you.

Hello Muhammad,


Thank you for looking into this issue. You mentioned that this is a document specific issue. Are you able to provide exactly what the issue is with the documents that we are trying to convert? Is there any possible workaround we can implement on our end before your new codebase is deployed? We would like to resolve this issue with our customers as soon as possible.

Thank You
Paul Koroski

Hi Paul,

At my end all of your mentioned RTF documents throw "Debug assertion failed". I was not able to reproduce this issue with my RTF samples. Apparently there is nothing wrong with your documents so we cannot suggest any change at your end.

Our product team is working on this issue and it will be fixed very soon. We will update you as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Paul,

Can you please test at your end and confirm if the issue has been resolved or you still see this issue with any document? If you notice any issue with any document, please share the request URI for that document.

As a side note, please use v1.1 instead of v1.0 in your URI.

Best Regards,

Hello Muhammad,


This issue appears to have been resolved with most of the files we were trying to convert. However, we just got a new error today. I have sent you the details directly. Could you please confirm whether or not this is due to the fact that the call is still using v1.0.

Thank You

Hi Paul,

I have checked the URI sent in your latest message and it throws 'Specified key does not exist' error which means input file is not present on your Cloud storage. Please upload the file before converting it to PDF.

Please also share your code to let us check why you are not getting proper error messages. You code should be updated accordingly to get proper error messages instead of 400-Bad Request errors.

Best Regards,

It looks like this issue has been resolved. We are now caught up with all our documents that failed to convert in the past. Thank You for your assistance with this issue.



Paul Koroski