Converting to PDF in .NET Core 2.0

Hi,

We are porting to .NET Core 2.0 our .Net 4.5.2 code that converts various file formats to PDF using Aspose components and we are having trouble converting xlsx and csv formats to PDF.

1. We are using Aspose.Cells version 18.3.0 to convert to PDF from a console app that is targeting .netcoreapp2.0

2. The code we use is (after we load the content of the input file in the input MemoryStream):

var workbook = new Workbook(input)
workbook.Save(output, SaveFormat.Pdf)

1. The PDF conversion does not fail yet we cannot open the generated PDFs (csv.pdf (9.4 KB)
    xlsx.pdf (7.6 KB)) in Acrobat Reader.

2. This reference says that conversion is supported for .NET Core: https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Feature+Overview

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

@gwert,

Thanks for the template files and details.

I am afraid, the feature “Excel to PDF” is not available in .NET Core. This is also mentioned in the mentioned document, see the screenshot for your reference:

This issue has already been logged as “CELLSNET-45954” into our database.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

I thought that conversion to PDF is captured in the ‘High-quality conversions’ feature and missed to follow all features.

Thank you for the clarification!

@gwert,

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v18.4

Most of the missing features should be supported now in .NET Standard 2.0 assembly. We will update the Feature Review document soon.

Please try it and let us know if you still find the issue.

Hi,

I confirm that this is not an issue anymore with Aspose.Cells 18.4 and when targeting .NET Standard. :slight_smile:

Thank you for getting back on this!

@gwert,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the latest version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.