Converting Word doc to HTML

Hi,

I’ve got problems using Aspose.Words converting Word documents to HTML.

If word document uses bullet lists …, HTML produced by Aspose.Words does not generate HTML bullet lists like UL or OL.

Instead of this, such HTML is produced:

<P style="TEXT-INDENT: -28.35pt; MARGIN: 0pt 0pt 0pt 63.8pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">&middot;</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT: 7pt Times New Roman">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Pr&uuml;fung von</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"> PBs</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN></P>

In Word this is a real bullet list and I would except the following HTML:

<ul>
<li>Pr&uuml;fung von PBs</li>
</ul>

My problem is now, that our users are able to modify imported content in HTML Editor, but if you have such an HTML content for bullet lists, you are no not able to edit list points in an easy way.

Is there any possibility to clean up HTML or any option, to influence HTML generation?
Do you have any suggestions?
Is there something planned to optimize HTML conversion?

Greetings
Christian

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your request. We will consider adding an option to control how lists are output to HTML. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once this option is available.
As a temporary workaround, you can try using code provided here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/86614
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Using code from linked forum post I wasn’t able to solve problems.

I attached a word doc with bullets, they are always rendered like this:

<p style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 36pt; text-align: justify; text-indent: -18pt">
    <span style="font-family: Symbol; font-size: 11pt">·</span><span style="font: 7.0pt 'Times New Roman'">&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;&#xa0;</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">Einheitliche, transparente Vorgehensweise von der Aufnahme bis zur Ergebni</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">s</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">beurte</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">i</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">lung</span>
    <span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 11pt">.</span>
</p>

Hi Chris,

Thank you for additional information. Yes, you are right, unfortunately, the workaround does not work in your case. We will let you know once the original issue is resolved.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1170) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(4)