Converting Word Doc with Embedded files to a PDF

When we convert a word document that contains embedded files (word docs, pdf, and xls files) to a pdf the icons come through as images in the pdf. I see that we can attach the files after the conversion but can't figure out how to attach the file so that the icon shows in the proper place in the document. How do i specify the insertion point of the section and thus the icon for the attachment? Or perhaps there is a way to convert so that the files are already attached/embedded?

Thanks

Charles

Hello Charles,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Can you please explain a little more what is your exact requirement. So far if it regarding to the conversion of file into Pdf that already have files attached/embedded, than answer is yes, we have an Attachment Class that can serve this purpose.

For more information kindly visit Attachment & Attach any File to PDF Document

Please correct me if I have not properly understood your requirement.

Hi Charles,

I tested this issue and found attachment is not supported when converting Word to PDF. Attachment is supported in Aspose.Pdf but Aspose.Words does not use this feature when converting Word to PDF. We will discuss with the Aspose.Words team to support this feature later.

Aspose.Pdf.Kit supports adding attachment to existing PDF but you have to known the position of the attachment when you add it.

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m Viktor, the developer on Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf.

We have discussed export of embedded objects with Aspose.Pdf developers. This is technically possible and we’ll consider implementation in one of the future versions. Most probably but not necessarily this could be done with Attachment class. I have created a new issue in our defect database:

#5355 – Export embedded objects to PDF

Best regards,

There will be no fix for Aspose.Words issues in the Aspose.Words + Aspose.Pdf conversion. You need to use the Aspose.Words direct to PDF conversion method instead.

Hi,

We have a similar requirement.(Embedded doc in word/excel and ppt to PDF)Can I know if this feauture will work in the latest version.

Thanks.

Hi Anand,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am not clear about your requirement. Could you please elaborate it little more? Either you want to convert WORD document with embedded EXCEL and PPT files into PDF format or convert WORD, EXCEL and PPT documents with embedded files into PDF format.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

what is the name of this method?

@kr75

Following is the code snippet which can be used for Word to PDF conversion using Aspose.Words:

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Words.Document(dataDir + "TDOK 2019-0478.docx");

Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions saveOption = new Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions();
saveOption.Compliance = Words.Saving.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;
saveOption.UseHighQualityRendering = true;

doc.Save(dataDir + "TDOK 2019-0478.pdf", saveOption);