Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Converting Word to PDF cause different linebreaks

Hello,


when I save word document as pdf (like Word.Document…SaveToPdf(…)), I get different document (see attach). As you can see, difference is in spaces after numbers in numbering paragraphs and this causes different word hyphenation (word “АПК” is in new line in PDF file in 5th paragraph).

We’re using Aspose.Words for .NET 6.4.0 (5/18/2009 7:01:42 AM)

It is very important for us, please, tell us if there’s workaround or it is fixed in new versions. Thanks.

Hello

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

Hi, Andrey.
I’m very interested in resolving this issue. Could you please help me?
I can send you additional materials if it’s necessary.
Our tech support is prolonged…

Hi Ilya,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. This issue will be fixed and included into the next hotfix, which will be released within 4-5 weeks. You will be notified.

Also could you please attach your document here for testing?

Best regards,

Hello Alexander and Ilya.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have inspected the source document and figured out the cause of the problem. This might give you a feasible workaround.

The list is a so-named legacy list coming from Microsoft Word 6. List items are indented incorrectly because Aspose.Words does not process legacy lists perfectly. So you can recreate the list using ordinary list formatting technique. Newer versions of Microsoft Word never create legacy lists. Please ask me if there are any difficulties with document refactoring.

Regards,

I have looked at this too.

The lists are "legacy" lists. There is documentation that explains how to process such lists, but it does not appear to be correct because MS Word renders the list not according to that description. I cannot figure out from the data in the list how to render it correctly.

I am postponing this issue. We will not be working on it until we see more customer reports or until we have figured out a suitable solution.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14758) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14758) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.