Converting Word to Pdf misshandles neutral characters in BiDi text runs

Hi,

I have an word object HebrewTest.doc. In this object there is the text " end_ 54%בדיקה: ", when the file is converted to Pdf using Aspose Words, the same text is rendered as “%54בדיקה: end_” (see HebrewTest.Pdf).
The code used for the Pdf conversion is:

var doc1 = new Document("C:\HebrewTest.doc");
var pdfSaveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfSaveOptions
{
    JpegQuality = 100,
    TextCompression = Aspose.Words.Saving.PdfTextCompression.None,
};
pdfSaveOptions.MetafileRenderingOptions.RenderingMode =
Aspose.Words.Saving.MetafileRenderingMode.Vector;
doc1.Save("C:\HebrewTest.pdf", pdfSaveOptions);

Please advise how to configure the conversion in order to preserve the Word file character layout.

Regards,
Lucian Nistor
Senior .Net Developer,
IBM Romania

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for your inquiry.
ibmromania:

In this object there is the text " end_ 54%בדיקה: ", when the file is converted to Pdf using Aspose Words, the same text is rendered as “%54בדיקה: end_”

I have not found the shared text in HebrewTest.doc. I have attached the screenshot of input Doc file with this post. The output Pdf is same as input Doc file. I have attached output Pdf file with this post for your kind reference. It would be great if you please share some more detail about your query.

Hi Tahir,

The “end_” and the “54%” strings are present in the file I’ve sent you.
In the output file you have send they are displayed correctly.
Please let me know what version of Aspose.Words have you used for the conversion. I have used 13.7.0.0.

Regards,
Lucian Nistor

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario using latest version of Aspose.Words. Please download the latest version from here:
https://downloads.aspose.com/words/net

Hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hello,

We’ve tested again with Aspose.Words version 14.5.0.0, and discovered there are still differences between the Word document and the PDF document.

I’ve attached a small console application describing the issue - I’ve highlighted with red the words which are reversed when saving the word document to PDF.

Thank you,
Mihai Andrei
Senior Software Engineer
IBM Romania

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10316. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10316) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.