Converting Word to PDF with Metadata

Hello,

We are evaluating the Aspose.Words for SharePoint product. The product creates the PDF file but doesn’t copy the metadata values. Is it possible to copy the metadata values as the PDF file is created? Thanks.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words for SharePoint. The metadata info should be preserved in generated PDF files. Could you please attach your sample input Word document and corresponding output PDF file with unexpected results here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hello Awais,

I added a test word file (attached) with a metadata called “Test Metadata Move” and converted the file to PDF. It converted the file to PDF (attached) but the metadata “Test Metadata Move” is empty (attached screenshot)
Let me know if you need further information. Thanks.

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are working over your query and will get back to you soon.

Best regards,

Hello Awais,

We need to make the decision soon. Please get back to us ASAP. Also, I was reading about the software and it mentioned that the Aspose.Words can be used in workflows. Are there any custom actions that are created in SharePoint Designer? I don’t see any new custom actions in SPD. Thanks.

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please convert “Test.docx” having “Test Metadata Move” property to PDF using MS Word 2013 (see attached msw-2013.pdf) and reload the generated PDF again into MS Word 2013, you’ll see that this property info is not preserved during DOCX-PDF-DOCX round-trip. I don’t think MS Word 2013 writes this Metadata info to PDF and Aspose.Words seems to mimic this behavior.

Secondly, please refer to the following section of documentation:
Using Aspose.Words for SharePoint in a Workflow

Best regards,