Converting xps to pdf is very slow

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.4 to convert an existing xps document to a pdf. It works fine but it takes about 20 seconds to do the conversion. In comparison, Microsofts command line converter xpsconvert.exe does the conversion instantly. Is there a reason for it taking much longer with your tool and is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Cheers,
Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for using our products.

Please share the source XPS file so that we can test the scenario at our end. The source file will also help us in investigate and optimize the document conversion feature. Also please share some details regarding your working environment i.e. OS Version, .NET Framework version, Visual Studio version used, System specs etc

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Please find the xps file I am using attached. I’m using Windows 7 with .NET 4 and VS 2012 on a HP probook 4520. I am using a web forms project and the conversion happens on the PageLoad event and takes about 15-20 seconds. If I don’t use your tool and instead use the Process class in .NET to create a command line to execute the xpsconvert.exe tool then the conversion is instant.

Cheers,
Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario over Intel Core2 Duo 3.16 Ghz machine with 4.0 GB of RAM where I have used Windows 7 X64 Enterprise and Visual Studio 2010 professional and as per my observations, the conversion process took around 13 seconds. For the sake of performance improvement, I have logged it as PDFNEWNET-34518 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that we have some improvements in XPS to PDF conversion feature and in upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET, the conversion process is taking 3 seconds to complete the process. Once the new version becomes available, please try using it and in case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34518) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.7.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.