Convertion to PDF gives Out of Memory Exception and no workaround

When trying to convert medium-sized XLS file (attached) to PDF I get Out of Memory error (2GB RAM limitation per process).
Anyway, the consumed memory amounts are just abnormal. OpenOffice manages to render this file using less then 700MB.

Taking away memory limitations allows Aspose to convert file but with cost of 2.2GBs of RAM.
OpenOffice result is 6.6MB PDF within 150s, Aspose result is 24.6MB PDF within 230s and the content is pretty the same.

I have tried to workaround this issue rendering several PDFs with SheetRender. And there I get “Parameter is not valid” when specifying OnePagePerSheet = true (with no lack using this example).

Aspose.Cells is really frustrating. And we seriously consider moving away from it, because OpenOffice does better in one-to-one comparison in every single format we are interested in.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file.

After an initial test, I can notice the issue as you mentioned. It takes more time and memory to convert the file to PDF. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41699” for your issue. We will look into your issue and try to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have converted the your file to pdf without OnePagePerSheet = true
by Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.5.2.2
. The generated pdf file is 3096 pages costing about 100MB and
155s.

If OnePagePerSheet = true, it will cost a lot of memory considering 3096 pages to one page.

Please set OnePagePerSheet = false to avoid out of memory exception.