Copies from PrinterSettings is not working during print

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29161 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I wasn’t able to find the 29161 from the list of the fixed defects. Has it really been fixed and included on the update? Is there also an update on feature request of 29189? I thought it will be included on the merged component update for this month as discussed. Thanks.

Hi June,

The issue logged as 29161 is fixed in the above mentioned release; please see the third issue in the Bugs section. Regarding the other issue (29189), my colleague will update you shortly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi June,

Thanks for your patience. I am pleased to share that the requirement “Provide support for setting scale factor when printing using PdfViewer” logged as PDFNEWNET-29189 has been supported and its included in latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.4.2. Please try using it and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The ScaleFactor is a float value indicating scaling multiplier value.

ScalingFactor = 1f; //100%
ScalingFactor = 0.5f; //50%
ScalingFactor = 2f; //200%

the ScalingFactor works with any AutoResize property value. The code snippet specified below demonstrates this feature:

PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer();
viewer.OpenPdfFile(inFile);
viewer.ScaleFactor = 1f;
viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(ps, pset);

Hi Shahzad,

I tested the latest PDF merged component and the scaling is working. However, the copies property issue is still there. Are you still not able to replicate this? I’m not sure what it causing this because I already tried using a different machine and the issue is still there.

Thanks,
June

Hi June,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I tested the Copies property with your template file and shared code and it works fine with the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v6.6. Please download and try the latest version and if you still face any issue, please create a sample application and post it here. This will help us identify the issue soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

I am already using the V6.6. Attached it the small application that I use to test the component. Notice that the copies property is set to 2 but it printed 4 copies instead.

Hi June,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample application.

Yes, I am able to replicate your issue with your sample application. Actually, the issue does not occur with “Adobe PDF” printer but does occur with “SnagIt 10” printer (and also on a Physical Printer). I have reopened your reported issue PDFNEWNET-29161 and asked the development team to look into it. We will notify you via this forum thread regarding any updates.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi Nausherwan,

That explains it - I am actually using different printers on my testing (some are physical printers and a screencapture printer).

Please keep me posted as when can we have the fix for this. We've been following this particular issue up since last year and it would be great if we can have the fix soon. =)

Thanks,
June
codewarior:
Hi June,

Thanks for your patience. I am pleased to share that the requirement "Provide support for setting scale factor when printing using PdfViewer" logged as PDFNEWNET-29189 has been supported and its included in latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.4.2. Please try using it and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The ScaleFactor is a float value indicating scaling multiplier value.

ScalingFactor = 1f; //100%
ScalingFactor = 0.5f; //50%
ScalingFactor = 2f; //200%

the ScalingFactor works with any AutoResize property value. The code snippet specified below demonstrates this feature:

PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer();
viewer.OpenPdfFile(inFile);
viewer.ScaleFactor = 1f;
viewer.PrintDocumentWithSettings(ps, pset);

I noticed that scaling only works when AutoResize property is set to True. When it's set to False, it just changes the top location. In the post above, ScalingFactor works with any autoresize property.

I can't use the scaling with AutoResize set to True because it seems like AutoResize alone is already resizing down the document and adding a value to scaling factor would make it smaller. Here's the scenario:

Printed the document with Scaling Factor = 100 AutoResize = False
Result: Document printed fine

Printed the document with Scaling Factor = 99 AutoResize = True (since Scaling currently works with AutoResize=True)
Result: Notice that Document was resized a lot more than 99%.

See the attached PDF document.

Thank you for sharing the details.

I am able to notice the problem you mentioned regarding the scaling after an initial test. I have re-opened the scaling issue and asked the development team to look into it again and share their feedback. As soon as I get a response, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

I'd like to ask if there's any update on the two issues I reported (scaling and copies)? Thanks.

Hi

I am facing the same issue as reported in the thread regarding the # of copies getting printed. When I specify copies as 2 it prints 4, when selected 3 it prints 9.

Please provide the update asap.

Thanks,
Ramana

I have requested the development team to share an ETA regarding the resolution of your reported issues. As soon as I get a feedback, I will update you via this forum thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29161) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
aspose.notifier:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29161) have been fixed in this update.

The copies property is now working fine. Do you have any updates about the issue i found in the scaling feature? Thanks.

junec:
Do you have any updates about the issue i found in the scaling feature? Thanks.
Hi June,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that the issue reported earlier as PDFNEWNET-29189, has been resolved in our latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.0.0. Please try using it and in case you still encounter the same problem or you have have any further query, please feel free to contact.

I have tested this. The scaling works fine only when the PDF is portrait. When I print a landscaped PDF file and set the Autorotate to True and the Scalefactor property, it doesn’t resize.

Hi June,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for replying you late.

I am working over this query and will get back to you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Any update on the scaling issue if this has been fixed on the latest version?

Thans,
June