Copy shapes

Hello,
is there a way to copy/duplicate shapes?

The problem is that I have to add a ballon shape and if you open the visio file the ballon can’t moved manally. And I cant change the text in visio right. So I want to copy a working ballon shape instead of ading a new.

regards
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that it is not supported. You cannot copy / duplicate a shape. I have logged a feature request under ticket id DIAGRAM-33428 in our issue tracking system. This forum thread has also been linked to this issue id and you will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. Second, please note that you can adjust the shape’s position. I have answered your query here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/5263

You can also change the text of a shape. Please visit the documentation link here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Find+and+Replace+the+Text+of+a+Shape

Please do let me know in case of any confusion or question.

Any update on this please? We are looking to have similar functionality except for we are copying shapes from one diagram to another!

Hi Swetha,

Thank you for asking about the resolution. We’re sorry to share with you that the linked feature request is pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. We have asked the responsible product team to take a look at your issue shortly. We’ll let you know once an update is available from them.

@SwethaSankar,

In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAM-87, please try the following code example: Copy Shapes from an Existing Visio drawing

@SwethaSankar,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50016 has been resolved. Please download and try the latest version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

[C#]

// import a Visio drawing
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(dataDir + "Drawing1.vsdx");
Shape newShape = new Shape();
// copy a shape
newShape.Copy(diagram.Pages[0].Shapes[0]);
newShape.ID = 3;
newShape.XForm.PinX.Value = 1;
newShape.XForm.PinY.Value = 1;

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.