Copying columns with merged ranges

Hi,

I’m trying to copy a column containing a merged row and my destination column is included in that merged row. I noticed that upon using CopyColumn, it appears to still put the value on that merged cell on the destination column.

Example:
Cell A1 is merged with cells B1 and C1. Value is “Merged Source”.
Checking the values before copying the column:
A1 = “Merged Source”
B1 = “”
C1 = “”
If I call CopyColumn to copy Column A to Column B and then check the values again. The value now appears for both A1 and B1 but not C1:
A1 = “Merged Source”
B1 = “Merged Source”
C1 = “”

Furthermore, if I open up the spreadsheet, selecting the merged range after the copy operation shows that I have 2 cells selected (“Count: 2” is displayed at the bottom). eventhough only the merged range is selected.

Is this expected? If yes, is there a way to tell CopyColumn whether to overwrite or not overwrite values for merged ranges on the destination column?

Thanks.

@vonH
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53408

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@vonH,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix will be included in an upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.6) that we plan to release in the first half of June 2023. You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53408) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi