Copying/Cutting and Pasting

I notice if I copy a value from row 1, column 1 and try to paste it to row 1, columns 2 through 5, it only copies the value to column 2.

Are you planning to support copying to multiple columns soon? I also noticed, if I copied row 1, columns 1 AND 2 and then paste that to columns 3 AND 4, that does work.

It appears it only doesn't work when the copying from is not the same amount as the copying to.

Also, is there a way for me to copy a cell that has a dropdown control in it and paste that to another cell with a dropdown control? Is there an event I can capture and determine that what was copied is a control, get the value and then set that value in the cell being pasted to, etc.?

I could see it getting tricky if I were pasting from cell to cell with different controls that had different values. That's why I wonder if there's an event where I could determine if the 2 cells were alike based on my criteria, etc.

Thanks!

Hi,

"I notice if I copy a value from row 1, column 1 and try to paste it
to row 1, columns 2 through 5, it only copies the value to column 2.

Are you planning to support copying to multiple columns soon? I also noticed, if I copied row 1, columns 1 AND 2 and then paste that to columns 3 AND 4, that does work."

Well, I tested your scenario with Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop v2.0.3.1000 and it works fine. It works the same way as MS Excel. Please try it and let us know about it. If you still find the issue, kindly do create a test application to post it here, we will check it soon.

"Also, is there a way for me to copy a cell that has a dropdown control in it and paste that to another cell with a dropdown control?......."

I have logged your feature request into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-13767

We will let you know if there is any update for the feature.

Thank you.