Copying macro from one workbook to another workbook

Hi I’m currently trying to copy a macro from one workbook to another workbook.

For example lets say I have…

1. Workbook A, with Worksheets named “Worksheet1” and “Worksheet2” each having VBA code (Macros)

and I have

1. Workbook B, with Worksheets named “Worksheet3” , “Worksheet1”, and “Worksheet2” with no VBA code (Macros).

I want to be able to copy the Macros from “Worksheet1” and “Worksheet2” from Workbook A and copy them to corresponding “Worksheet1” and “Worksheet2” in Workbook B.

Currently when I try to grab the name of the worksheet that the VBAModule is associated with using …

var outputPath = @"C:\Users\AC\Desktop\xlsm\test.xlsm";
FileStream newFstream = new FileStream(newPath, FileMode.Open);
var workbook = new Workbook(fstream);
VbaModuleCollection modules = workbook.VbaProject.Modules;
for (int i = 0; i < modules.Count; i++)
    {  Console.WriteLine(modules[i].**strong text**Name);
     }

Instead of the names “Worksheet1” and “Worksheet2”, I get Sheet1 and Sheet2 which seem to be based on when the worksheets were added to the workbook.

Is there a better way to identify which VBAModules are associated with which Worksheets rather then arbitrary names such as Sheet1, Sheet2, … Sheet10.

@austinc,
Please share your sample workbook “test.xlsm” for our testing. We will reproduce the scenario and share our feedback accordingly.

WorkbookA.zip (17.2 KB)
WorkbookB.zip (6.9 KB)

Thanks for the quick response. I’ve attached the two workbooks where I want to copy from WorkbookA to WorkbookB.

@austinc,
There is no direct way to get this information however you may try the following sample code which shows link between the module name and worksheet name. Please give it a try and share the feedback:

var workbook = new Workbook(@"WorkbookA.xlsm");
VbaModuleCollection modules = workbook.VbaProject.Modules;
for (int i = 0; i < modules.Count; i++)
{
    var name = (from ws in workbook.Worksheets where ws.CodeName == modules[i].Name select ws.Name).FirstOrDefault();
    Console.WriteLine($"Module Name:{modules[i].Name}, Worksheet name:{name}");
}