Corrupt PDF files

evening. I had a CrytpWall attack and all my files were damaged. Do you have any solutions here for recovring pdf files that are corrupt? Let me know so I can send samples

Hi,

Thanks for contacting support.

We have an API named Aspose.Pdf which provides the feature to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files but I am afraid it does not support the feature to fix any damaged/broken PDF documents. However if you can please share your source PDF files, we may further investigate the file structure and try fixing the problem.

Indeed. I can share a sample doc with you. Find attached.

Thanks,
Xyleme

see attached document

Hi Xyleme,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario and have observed that an exception is being generated when trying to load source PDF file. Please note that in order to fix the damaged PDF file, we first need to open the PDF document, analyze its structure and then try fixing the problems. For
the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-37825. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Xyleme,

Thanks for your patience. We have analysed the shared PDF document and regret to inform you that the corrupted file can not be repaired with Aspose.Pdf.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-37825) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Xyleme,

Adding more to Tilal’s comments, the contents of Chapter_1-TheLodging Industry.pdf appear totally corrupted (may be encrypted). It hasn’t readable header even. Unfortunately, we do not find any option to repair this document.

Hi @aspose.notifier/@tilal.ahmad,
when we are processing a e-signed pdf, GLIC17482.pdf (159.1 KB)
aspose is giving below exception:-
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.aspose.pdf.internal.p74.z25 cannot be cast to com.aspose.pdf.internal.p74.z9
we are using aspose.pdf-17.11 version currently.

Source code :
com.aspose.pdf.facades.PdfFileEditor pdfFileEditor = new PdfFileEditor();
ByteArrayInputStream[] outputStream = pdfFileEditor.splitToPages(“C:\Users\ajit.baguri\Documents\pdf_issue_for_signing\GLIC17482.pdf”);
Can you please suggest some solution for this.

Ajit B

@ajit_b

We tested the scenario using Aspose.PDF for Java 20.11 and did not notice any exception. Would you kindly try using the latest version of the API and in case you still face any issue, please let us know.

A post was split to a new topic: Convert DOCX to PDF using Aspose.Words - Not all pages are being converted