Corrupted document generates blank slide in Powerpoint 07

Mudassir,

I’m confident this issue is not caused by the lack of information in the master slides in the initial project. I have attached an updated reproduction project using the full copies of the slides in question with masters intact and it still behaves the same way. The masters were simply removed to anonymize the slides before our NDA was in place.

I look forward to your response,

Kyle Millns
kyle.millns@savogroup.com
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

Thanks for providing us added piece of information for further exploration to source point of issue. Your request is still associated with the same issue ID 15777. Once the issue is resolved, we will take pleasure in sharing the response with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Have there been any further updates regarding this issue?

Kyle
Millns
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

I regret to inform you that the specified issue is still unresolved. As soon as the issue is resolved, I will be glad to share the information with you.

We are sorry for your nuisance,

I need to escalate this issue. SAVO (our company) is currently working through a priority support agreement with Aspose.

That will happen. Regardless of that, I need a fix and delivery date on this issue.

Please advise on how we will move forward.

Casey Ryan
SVP of Development at SAVO
casey.ryan@savogroup.com

Dear Casey Ryan,

I have discussed the specified issue with our development team. They have comprehensively tested both projects shared by you. Actually, all information about styles from master slides has been removed. Similarly, the same information is missing in second project shared by you and the only information that exists are the background images. Can you please verify the things on your end again? Please use correct template presentations to make it work as expected.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir:
Actually, all information about styles from master slides has been removed. Simimilarly, the same information is missing in second project shared by you and the only information that exists are the background images

This should have zero impact on our bug or your ability to reproduce the issue. The styles or images in the powerpoint are of no concern to us and should not be of any concern to you.

We need your help in fixing why the document being produced from the sample project is corrupt. Please disregard any styling issues. Please focus on the fact that when powerpoint attempts to open the generated document, it presents the “because they have become corrupted” error.

Mudassir:
Can you please verify the things on your end again?

Assuming the document can be generated without error by Aspose, we can verify the status of the masters and the styles.

Seth Goldstein
Tech Lead at SAVO

We now have a priority support agreement with you. Please reply if there is any more information you need us to provide.

Hello Seth,

Styling issues can’t be disregarded because it’s the only reason why slides are not copied properly.

Everything is simple. You removed information about styles. That means Aspose.Slides can’t read source styles and embed them to the target presentation. As a result, created slides have broken structure and PowerPoint fairly refuses to read it.

Mudassir already offered you best possible solution. After simple fixing source presentation everything should work fine.

Does the sample project attached by kmillns on 05-18-2010, 4:30 PM not have the styling you need? Please do not use the first attachment if that is a problem for you.

Aspose, can you please escalate this and get an answer or more questions?

Casey Ryan
Priority Support Customer.

Dear Casey Ryan,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. I have requested our development team to provide any possible further update on your specified issue. As soon as I receive some information, I will be happy to share that with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

All attached presentations don’t have any style information. Styles stored in the standard text on master slides:

Click to edit Master text styles

Second level

Third level

Fourth level

Fifth level

Since it’s removed there is no such information.

I updated 1b.ppt to include the requested standard text styles on the master slide and the problem persists. Please use the attached updated 1b.ppt to reproduce the problem if that is a concern.

Hi,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you. I have been able to clone the source slide in target presentation and successfully opened the file in PowerPoint 2007. I have used Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.0, which is available here. For your kind reference, i have shared the generated presentation as well.

Thanks and Regards,

That single slide is not enough to reproduce the problem. Please see the attached project that reproduces the issue.

If you open the document generated by the sample project, powerpoint will complain that the document is corrupt.

Hello,

If I’m not mistaken you added these text blocks manually to the master slide. They are just standard text and not styles containers.

To repair presentation you should:
1. Create new empty presentation in PowerPoint. It already has all necessary styles.
2. Copy master slide background from you presentation to the main master of this new presentation.
3. Copy content of all slides from your presentation to the new one.
4. Save new created presentation.

The attached presentation has been updated as you instructed with the contents copied to newly created slides and the master information copied into the default master templates. The problem persists even with these changes. The updated component files are 1d.ppt to 5d.ppt.

Kyle Millns
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

I have observed and utilized the code snippet shared by you. You have been using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.1.1 in your application. Please try using intermediate version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.2.1, which is available here. I have shared the generated presentation and modified project source. Please share your findings, if the problem still persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir,

The problem persists with the intermediate build. The reproduction project is attached.

Also, is there a timeline for when this intermediate build will be released as a final build?

Kyle Millns
Product Developer
SAVO

Dear Kyle,

We have worked on the project code provided by you and modified that for error free generation of presentation file. We feel there is something wrong with BlankPresentation.ppt. So, we have changed source code and removed unnecessary use of BlankPresentation. We have also replaced all Slides(n) calls with GetSlideByPosition(n). The code works fine now and the generated presentation has no problems in getting opened.

Thanks and Regards,