Corrupted PDF is saved from Word document

Hi,

I am using Aspose.Words to create a PDF. With a specific Word document that goes wrong between pages 26 and 27. The document is created by mail merge software, each page having the same layout and a section break (next page) between each page of the document. In the PDF, part of page 27 is rendered on top of the output for page 26, as if the section break is not there.

I have just downloaded newest Aspose.Words.dll, it has the same problem.

My code is as follows:

string sPath = "FD3679.doc";
Aspose.Words.License wl = new Aspose.Words.License();
wl.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");
Aspose.Words.LoadOptions loadOptions = new Aspose.Words.LoadOptions();
loadOptions.LoadFormat = Aspose.Words.LoadFormat.Auto;
Aspose.Words.Document document = new Aspose.Words.Document(sPath, loadOptions);
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
saveOptions.Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1a;
string sIntermediateFile = sPath + ".A1a.pdf";
if (File.Exists(sIntermediateFile)) File.Delete(sIntermediateFile);
document.Save(sIntermediateFile, saveOptions);

Best regards,

GertjaapFD3679.zip (111.2 KB)

@gertjaap,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15837. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Any news about this? The issue has been open for over 6 months now. Unfortunately it does not seem possible to create a workaround in my own code, as the corruption appears to be fairly random.

Best regards,

Gertjaap

@gertjaap,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is under analysis phase. Once we complete the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15837) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.6 update.