We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Corruption when saving a PPT file with Aspose.Slides 14.2.0

I recently migrated from Aspose.Slides 8.x to Aspose.Slides 14.2.0. Since we handle both PPT and PPTX files, I had to make extensive changes to our code, but everything seemed to work OK.

Unfortunately, after we rolled out an update of our application to our customers (with the new Aspose.Slides version), we’ve received feedback from various users about issues with PPT files.

I’ll be creating additional posts to highlight other bugs (it will take some time, since I need to recreate the bugs in brand new files, due to confidentiality issues), but here is the first one.

In the attached ZIP file, you will find a PPT file with three slides, and some C# code that simply opens the file, saves it again with a different name, and then tries to read some text from the first cell of the table in the third slide.

You should see the following:

1. When saving a copy of the original PPT file to a different file name (“Formatting.ppt” to “Formatting.resaved.ppt”), some of the formatting of the second slide is altered (the font sizes are changed), and the formatting of the table in the third slide is completely damaged (bullet points are added everywhere).

2. If I try to read the text in the first cell of the table on the third slide, it works on the original file, and it works on the resaved file right after saving it. But if I open the resaved file, the text is no longer accessible.

This is causing serious problems for some of our customers, and we’re not in a position to roll back to Aspose.Slides 8.4.0 because we had to update to the new version to solve various other issues.

For the time being we’re instructing our customers to use PPTX files instead, but this is only a temporary measure, so we need a fix for this ASAP. Basic round-tripping of PPT files should simply work.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback and we are also sorry for your inconvenience. The merged API is new one and we are working over maturing it further. Please feel free to share the incurring issues in new API and we will try our best to resolve all of them ASAP as it will eventually lead to a mature product.

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. I have created two issues in this regard. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-35311 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the loss of table text formatting in saved presentation. A separate issue with ID SLIDESNET-35312 has been created in our issue tracking system for code failing to access the table’s cells text frame text in newly saved presentation.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Any idea of when you might release an update to resolve these issues? We’re considering reverting back to v8.x, but this would be a big undertaking (we added a lot of functionality to our code at the same time we updated to v14.x), and I’d rather not waste time doing something that will become redundant very soon.

Hi Daniel,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issues are still pending for investigation in waiting queue at the moment. The issues have been recently created and we will schedule them ASAP on their due turn. After investigation of the issues, I will be able to share the further feedback with you in this regard. I will really appreciate your patience till the time our development team will share its feedback.

Many Thanks,