Couple of issues

Ms. Cooper,
Thank you for sending the lic. file
Well, I downloaded the file and copied it into folder where "Aspose.Grid.Web.dll" also resides (C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Grid\bin).

I am referencing this lic file in ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site and have written following lines of code in ASPX Page that contains the AsPose Grid Control.
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

Dim lic As Aspose.Grid.Web.License = New Aspose.Grid.Web.License()

lic.SetLicense("C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Grid\bin\Aspose.Grid.lic")

End Sub

&

Protected Sub btnAsPose_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAsPose.Click

Dim myPath As String = "c:\temp\CSESCensus1(50).xls"

Dim fs As FileStream = File.OpenRead(myPath)

'Loading the Excel file contents into the control from a stream

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.ImportExcelFile(fs)

'Closing stream

fs.Close()

End Sub

Couple of Issues:-

1. I do not see "Aspose.Grid.lic.xml" . Should I be referring "lic" file or the "xml" file in the code ?

2. I do not see "default images" on command button bar but see "red crosses" as images.

3. Where can I post these issues on Forums ? Are there any special forums for "Trial version users" ?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Harshal Mulay

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Merit.

Hi Harshal Mulay,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

1. I do not see "Aspose.Grid.lic.xml" . Should I be referring "lic" file or the "xml" file in the code ?

Please check:

2. I do not see "default images" on command button bar but see "red crosses" as images.

Could you give us some details about your OS, environment, .NET platform, IIS settings, HTTP or File System website mode. And are you using MS Ajax extensions. If you use File System or MS Ajax extensions, you may try to add some lines in the appSetting sections to the web.config file.

E.g.,
<appSettings>
<add key="aspose.grid.web.agw_client_path" value="/agw_client/" />
<add key="aspose.grid.web.force_script_path" value="true" />
</appSettings>

Actually this config prevent the control from using embedded client resource(images, scripts, etc.).

3. Where can I post these issues on Forums ? Are there any special forums for "Trial version users" ?

You may post your queries at :

Thank you.

I added the lines suggested in Web.CONFIG but I still cannot see images in command bar for buttons.

I could see "data" loaded into grid but it appears as read only.

How do I make or privide full edit capabilities of "EXCEL" for the grid ?

Development Enviornment:-

WIN2000 SP4, VSTS 2005, ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site been run in ASP.NET's Hosted Environment. Not using any AJAX technology. We are currently limiting the scope . This is a POC for us before we make a decision to buy ASPOSE product suit.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, it looks odd to me as Aspose.Grid.Web works fine without any problem. Are you using FileSystem web site in VS.NET 2005, please check: <A href="</A></P> <P>Could you give us feed back if it is fine now.</P> <P>Thank you.</P>