Couple of Questions with Aspose.Word

Hi, first of all I’d like to say that my company is very interested in using your product. However there are a couple of questions that I’d like answered before we can adequately consider your product.

1. Using the demo version, I noticed that the mailmerge functionality does not include the word “if” function. Are there any plans on implementing this feature? My company does a lot of merges with different languages, etc, and it would be better than creating two separate documents on our server.

2. We’re really interested in the word document to browser, as we don’t want a lot of temp files crowding our server. However I tried to implement this in JScript (server-side) and I’m not sure whether it’s possible. The function is Document.Save Method (String, SaveFormat, SaveType, HttpResponse). Obviously the String is what you want the document to be called, but I have no idea how to get SaveFormat, SaveType and HttpResponse in JScript. I’ve seen the documentation on the function and it’s in VB. Are these VB classes that aren’t implemented in the COM component? My code is as follows:

function mailMerge(oldDoc, data, newDoc){
var Rs = Server.CreateObject(“ADODB.Recordset”);
Rs.Open("SELECT * FROM "+data,
“Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Extended Properties=‘text’;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\;”);

var Word = Server.CreateObject(“Aspose.Word.Word”);

var Doc = Word.Open(oldDoc);

Doc.MailMerge.ExecuteADO(Rs);

Doc.Save(newDoc);

Word = null;
Doc = null;
Rs = null;
}

Thanks for making a great product. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Anyone know of any information? I’ve looked up enumerators and such in JScript in their documentation but it wasn’t really that helpful. Is it necessary to use VB or C# to utilitize all the functions your product offers?

Thanks.

Sorry IF fields are not evaluated at the moment, but it will be supported some time in the future.

It is possible to use Aspose.Word from VBscript or JScript, but I don’t think it is possible to use Document.Save that sends the document to the client browser since it requires ASP.NET Response object to write to.