Couple of Questions

Well, the whole document’s contents is displayed as an Object (embedded object). When you double-click the object it will fire up Word 2002 to edit the document. It behaves as with Excel Sheets embedded into a Word document.

Kai

Roman,

any news on this? Is there anything I can do on my side?

Thanks for your help

Kai

No, we have not done any work on this one yet. Will just try to reproduce on Word 97 in the next few days. Is it very time critical?

No, it’s not that critical at the moment, but I’d like to be able to get rid of my semi-automatic approach running Word/COM on my machine and switch to a server based one with Aspose.Word around January. For that to work I need to make sure that the documents read in Word 97 fine.

Thanks

Kai

Your documents open fine on our test machines in Word 97, Word 2000 and Word XP.

I guess the problem might be related to the way your Word is installed or the way you open the file.

One sure way of embedding the file into another file is this:

1. Fire up MS Word, it opens with a blank document.
  2. Drag a DOC file from Explorer and drop it in MS Word window on the blank document.
  3. You get one document embedded into another.

If that’s what you do - that’s MS Word behaviour, has nothing to do with Aspose.Word.

If still there is a problem, please email me the document and tell exactly what you do. Double click or whatever, where the file is when you double click and so on.

Roman,

I don’t know what to say. I have found another machine in our office with Word 97 installed and just tested it there. As you say, it works like a charm.

So there must be something wrong with my installation as I used File/Open rather than the Drag&Drop embedding you mentioned.

So as it seems I’m settled now and may proceed with the migration to Aspose.Word then.

Reagrds

Kai

Aspose.Word 2.0.2 has a new Range.Replace method that allows for simple find and replace. For more info see:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/release-notes/

Roman,

thanks for the information. I will see how this can help me implement the required funcionality.

Regards

Kai