Create Outlook Mails withouth EWS

Hi.

We are looking for a way creating mails directly in a local outlook client.
The mail should be saved in the draft folder. Would this be possible with
aspose .Net Mail library or is it only possible through the EWS functionality?

We have been using the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll which is nowadays running into problems
connecting outlook 2019/365.

Thanks for your support
Be@ from switzerland

@mathys

Can you please elaborate your requirements as I have not been able to completely understand the requirements. Please share the information so that I may try to help you further.

Ok. We are generating Mails from our ERP Software. So invoices/reminders e.g. should be sent through the local outlook client (Outlook 2013/2016/2019). With the actual DLL’s from Microsoft, we were able either, to send the mails directly through the local outlook client or save the mails as Draftmail in Outlook. The Mails could then manually be opened or sent.

Are the aspose DLL’s able to create the mail as Draftmail directly in the Outlook client (Outlook could be open or closed)

@mathys

I am afraid the Aspose.Email API doesn’t works with OLE Automation objects. However, it allows to work with PST file which is used like data file of MS Outlook. So you may create draft emails on your local computer in PST file then you can load the PST in Outlook to perform what ever operation you like. Other option is to create draft emails on the server folders via IMAP or EWS client. Then synchronize your local machine Outlook with server to get the emails.