Many customers have requested the following features over the time:
- Make sure Aspose.Words does not lose mail merge data source settings in a document during open/save or conversion.
- Ability to specify a mail merge data source for a document programmatically.
- Ability to query or clear mail merge settings specified in a document.
We are happy to tell that we have implemented this. We have added the Document.MailMergeSettings property and MailMergeSettings, Odso, OdsoFieldMapData, OdsoRecipientData classes.
The current plan is as follows:
- Aspose.Words for Java 3.3 that has just been released here supports mail merge settings in DOC and DOCX formats and conversions between them and provides the public API.
- Aspose.Words for .NET 7.1 that is due out next week supports mail merge settings in DOC, DOCX and WordML formats and conversions and the public API as well.
- Support for mail merge settings in RTF will be coming next month.
- An article how to create a mail merge data source and code examples will be coming soon.