Creating Image only PDF

We recently purchased Aspose.Total for Words, Cells, and Network, and are quite happy with them.

However when we tried to migrate our existing pdf creation code over to Aspose.PDF, we experienced a huge slow down and file bloat. All we are doing is taking a multipage tiff, and converting it to a pdf.

Here are the metrics:

Original File 1 - (Color First.tif) - Size: 556 KB
6 pages (1st one is Color w/ JPEG compression, remaining are BW Group4)

Using other library
Size: 443 KB
Time to Convert: ~600 ms

Using Aspose.PDF (using sample code provided in documentation)
Size: 1,826 KB
Time to Convert 6,114 ms

There has to be something wrong here.

The other file that I tested with (BW First.tif - 1 BW Page, 1 JPEG page, 5 BW Pages) throws a GDI+ exception when it tries to convert.

Also, is there a way to have it auto size the pdf pages to the size of the image?

Thanks,

Hello Chris,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0 and as per my observations, when converting Color+First.tif file into PDF format, its taking around 4.5Sec and the resultant PDF is around 424KB. Please take a look over the attached PDF document that I have generated.

However during my testing with BW+First.tif and I am able to notice
GDI+ error. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWNET-29334. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

That file size is fine, however it shouldnt take that long to convert those 6 pages.

Is there anything that can be done to speed that up? We generally have to deliver images within 3-4 seconds and with these times it becomes unusable for us.
Is there a way for you to just put the image in the pdf without doing any sort of processing (which I’m assuming that you are doing) ?

Hello Chris,

I have logged a task as PDFNEWNET-29384 in our issue tracking system to further investigate on how we can further improve the performance of TIFF to PDF conversion when using Color+First.tif file. We will look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

I was wondering if there has been any progress on tasks ‘PDFNEWNET-29384’ or ‘PDFNEWNET-29334’ as I have not heard anything in a couple weeks.

Thanks

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your patience.

Our development team is working hard to get these issues fixed however I am afraid these issues are not yet fixed. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding their resolution. As soon as I have the desired information, I will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Hello Chris,

I am pleased to inform you that we have made significant progress towards the resolution of PDFNEWNET-29334 and we hope to include its hotfix in upcoming release version. Please be patient and wait for hotfix. As soon as the new versions becomes available, we would be more than happy to update update you with the status of correction. We really appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this regard.

Is there an approximate eta for the next release?

Also, what about ticket PDFNEWNET-29384 ?

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your patience. We are planning to release the new version in a day or two. Please be patient and spare us little time. However concerning to PDFNEWNET-29384, I am afraid the issue is not yet resolved. As soon as this particular issue is fixed, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29334) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello Chris,

We have made some progress while improving the performance of TIFF to PDF conversion and as per our findings, with upcoming release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0, the conversion is being performed in much less time.

Please try using the following DOM approach for the conversion of Image to PDF format.

[C#]

Document doc = new
Document();<o:p></o:p>

Page page = doc.Pages.Add();

Aspose.Pdf.Image image1 = new Aspose.Pdf.Image();

image1.File = "c:/pdftest/Color+First.tif";

page.Paragraphs.Add(image1);

doc.Save("c:/pdftest/Color+First_16792.pdf");

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29384) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.