Creating pdf using word template and xml as input

Hi,

Is it possible to create a PDF file using a word template where i put a xml path in the place i want in the word ".doc" template e.g. name : "main/pp/pp_name"

and the xml file will have the root main --> pp --> pp_name

if so is there any example i can try out?

thanks in advance,

tjiper

Hi tjiper,

I'll be more than happy to help you out, but could you please elaborate the problem a little bit more?

In fact, I coudn't understand it completely; it'll be better if you explain it in detail, so we could guide you accordingly.

Regards,

thanks for your replay. Here is the problem:

We have a word template file and we want to autofill it with data from xml file.

we work now with xslt to make the templates to create the pdf file. but we want to use word template since its easier.

i attached a sample word template where the gray marked are entities from the input xml (also attached)

i hope you understand the problem now.

Regards,

Tjiper

Hello Tjiper,

I would recommend you to use the "Mail Merge feature" of Aspose.Words to fill the Word template with data from XML and then convert the file into Pdf format. You can either use Aspose.Words to generate the Pdf file or even use the combination of Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf to generate the Pdf file from Word document. In case of any further query, please feel free to contact.

For more related information please visit, Perform Mail Merge.

For information on saving file into Pdf format, please visit Saving Documents