Creating Shapes from Masters that contian Properties is not behaving nicely

I have grouped shapes in my Master that contain properties that reference other User and Props in a fairly hierarchical way.

I believe that when a shape is created, the correct behavior would be to copy all of the Properties and User values then have all values set to Inherit (“Inh”) and to not set to fixed values.
To get things to work correctly in Aspose.Diagram 4.5, I had to delete all of the User properties so the inheritance would work. I also had to repopulate specific Prop properties with the “current” values of text since Visio would not refresh automatically.

In 5.4, the problem is still as above, except that I if I add a property then it will ignore the ID that I give it and renumber them, which throws Visio off since the name and the ID no longer match the Master and it stops inheriting the unaffected properties. I only see the one property created in the code in the ShapeSheet and I do not see the others.

If I don’t update the property with the text I wish to update, I must update the text in the Shape Data panel in Visio to make it recalculate the properties, then it will display the text from the base shape’s properties.

Alternatively, please make it easier to create a blank Property (and User property) that is defaulted to “Inherit” for all attributes.

Thank You,
Andy Bay

Hi Andy,

Can you please share your code, input file and a screenshot to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,