Creating TIFF files for each page in a PDF document in Java

Hi, I have a PDF document that needs to be converted into a series if TIFF images – one per page of the PDF document. Each of the output TIFF images need a specific resolution and compression / format. While the .Net version of thee product appears to provide the capability through TiffDevice, I did not see a mechanism to do so with the Java version. I did look at the forums however the posts were in 2008 and I would assume that these have been addressed by now in the product. I also wanted to check on the dependency on external libraries - is JAI still required (it was last updated in 2006).

----

As a follow up - a 278K PDF document that was 3 pages resulted in 3 TIFF images of 24657K, each. Furthermore, each page contained the evaluation only content.

Hi Viraf,

Thanks for using our products.

Currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java supports the feature to convert PDF file into TIFF image. However as per your requirement of converting individual PDF page to separate TIFF image, first you need to split the source PDF file into individual page PDF and then convert each PDF file into TIFF image. Please visit the following link for required information on

Each of the output TIFF images need a specific resolution and compression / format.

Currently Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java does not support the feature to specify the resolution of resultant TIFF image. For the sake of implementation, we have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-18149 in our issue tracking system. Similarly Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java also does not support the feature to specify the compression of resultant TIFF image. We have logged this requirement as PDFKITJAVA-15563. The requirement to convert a PDF file to TIFF format with CCITT compression is logged as PDFKITJAVA-11418. The development team is working on supporting these features and as soon as we have made some significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

While the .Net version of thee product appears to provide the capability through TiffDevice, I did not see a mechanism to do so with the Java version.

We have recently ported Aspose.Pdf for .NET code to Java platform to create a new MergedAPI of Aspose.Pdf for Java. It will include all the classes and enumerations currently available in Aspose.Pdf for .NET. It also includes TiffDevice class and supports the required features. Currently the product is under testing phase and we plan to release it in Q1 of 2013. Please be patient and wait for the new release version.

I also wanted to check on the dependency on external libraries - is JAI still required (it was last updated in 2006).

The current version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java is dependent on JAI but we are investigating on removing this dependency.

As a follow up - a 278K PDF document that was 3 pages resulted in 3 TIFF images of 24657K, each. Furthermore, each page contained the evaluation only content.

Can you please share some sample PDF files so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Viraf,

Concerning to your query “each page contained the evaluation only content.”, the evaluation watermark appears when using the product in trial mode. You may consider requesting a 30 days temporary license. Please visit the following link for information on how to Get a temporary license.