CSS Font Family issue in Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.0 in .NET

I am using Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.0 to save an Excel Workbook as a HTML document. In the markup generated by Aspose.Cells, the font-family is set as:
"Arial",2;

I believe ,2 is invalid CSS markup caused by a bug in Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.0.

Chrome, Safari and IE8 seem to handle this invalid markup and ignore the ,2. When using an iframe in IE9, it does not. Instead it does not apply the font-family to the cell, even though it is declared in the markup.

If I save my Excel Workbook as HTML using Excel, the resulting font-family is:
Arial, sans-serif;.

I have tested this issue in Aspose.Cells 6.0.1.0 and the issue is not present. In the HTML generated, the font-family is:
"Arial";

Please find attached generated font-family tags from Aspose.Cells 7.5.0.0, 6.0.1.0 and Excel's Save As Html

Hi,

Thanks for providing us screen shots.

Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards when converting an Excel file to HTML. Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3 if it makes any difference:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry494326.aspx

If you still find the issue with latest version, kindly provide your input Excel file and output HTML file (you may zip the archive prior attaching here), we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response.

I tested the issue with Aspose.Cells v7.5.3.0 and experienced the same problem. Please find attached the files requested as well as screenshots demonstrating the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you have mentioned by your screen shots attached. I tested your scenario / case by using your template Excel file to convert to HTML file format. In the output HTML file’s relevant CSS file, the font-family is set as:
“Arial”,2; whereas if we manually do the conversion (Excel to HTML) in MS Excel, it is set as:
Arial, sans-serif;. Also, the difference of the fonts can be seen when we open the output HTML file into IE browser type. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42000” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks for your help Amjad.

Hi Amjad,

Are you able to provide an update on this issue?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have checked your issue status from database and found it is resolved. Please spare us some time. Once, the fix is available, we will update you asap.

Thanks Shakeel

Hi Tim,

Please download and try our latest version/fix : Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.3.4

We have fixed your issue now. The fonts are set as: “Arial, sans-serif;” in the relevant CSS file which is the correct behavior

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad, that fix solved the issue.

I can confirm the issue is also resolved in v7.6.0.0.

Thanks for your help getting this resolved.

Hi,

Thanks for your confirmation and good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix/version. We have closed your ticket now.

And, yes, our latest official release of the product Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.6.0 also includes the functionality of this fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other queries or issue, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.