CSVRenderer - Date style is not enforced on render\export

@boaz.goldstein

We saw the problem as you have described and logged it.

But we asked you this and you did not provide it. Please provide it so that we could fix this issue properly.

Hi Shakeel,
what setting are you looking for?
In the RDL itself we see error in 2 locations:
image.png (90.2 KB)

The yellow mark in the screenshot is header, the red circles are date data values in each row (i did not mark all rows).
We use a set of text boxes for the header, where each text box is a different expression that results in the value you see in the report. We do not use the language property of the text box, we do use the culture input parameter for the format of the result line.again - how come it works correct for multiple culture (languages) but not for en-ES ?

here is example for expression of the first text box with the #Error:
=Code.GRH.GetText(“Campaign_Dates”,“Analytics_RDLs”, Parameters!SystemLanguage.Value) + iif(Parameters!IsPreviewReport.Value=CInt(1),"",iif((Parameters!ReportFlag.Value And 1)=1,ReportsHelper.RdlHelper.ConvertDateToString(First(Fields!CampaignStartDate.Value, “HeaderDS”),Parameters!Culture.Value,“d”) & " - " & ReportsHelper.RdlHelper.ConvertDateToString(First(Fields!CampaignEndDate.Value, “HeaderDS”),Parameters!Culture.Value,“d”) & " (" & Code.GRH.GetText(“TimeZoneLookup_” & First(Fields!TimeZoneID.Value, “HeaderDS”) ,“ACM_Lookups_Lookups”, Parameters!SystemLanguage.Value) & “)”,“N/A”))

As you see, we use external code to interpret the date we do use the parameters:

• Parameters!SystemLanguage.Value
  • Parameters!Culture.Value

We use the Culture param to set the format, the language param is always english (en-US).

For the red marked values - it is the row value in the date column which is a simple date field, which is using the “culture” propery of the field.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks
BoazG, Sizmek

@boaz.goldstein

Thanks for detailed information and clarification. It will help us look into this issue and fix it. We have logged this post in our database for product team investigation. Once, we will have some news or fix for you, we will update you asap.

@boaz.goldstein

Please download and try the following fix and let us know your feedback.

If you still face any issue, inform us. We will check it ASAP.

Hi Shakeel,
Thanks ! have not yet tested the new fixed version but i want to make sure of something:
Any new version that you provide contains all fixes you added in the previous versions right ???

thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein

You are right. It contains previous fixes as well.

hi Shakeel,
I have tested the new version and found that it did manage to remove the “#Error” strings all across the result txt\csv file, The result file looks correct and the date strings are formatted perfectly.
for now we look good!
thanks for the effort and i will further update you if you encounter more issues.

Thanks
BoazG, Sizmek

@boaz.goldstein

Thanks for your feedback and sharing good news with us. Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to help you further.

A post was split to a new topic: Badly formatted reports looks like CSV rendered them not ACTXT

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-514) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSRS-515) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi