Culture characters issue

Hello I have the following problem.

I open an CSV file where there is a string “Köln”, but when debugging I see “K□ln”.
When opened in Excel I see the string right.
When comparing the file string with “Köln” of course I find it different. The workstation / server is on English regional settings, if helps.
How can I fix this?

Thank you
Calin

Hi,

Well, I have tested your scenario using the code (mentioned below) using a simple template csv file having the string “Köln” in it with the new version v4.8.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry215207.aspx , it works absolutely fine.

Which version of the product you are using? kindly try the new version v4.8.2 and let us know if you still find the issue.

If you still find the issue, kindly post your template excel file with sample code here, we will check it soon.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.Open(“e:\test\culturechars.csv”, FileFormatType.CSV);

MessageBox.Show(workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“A1”].StringValue); //OK
workbook.Save(“e:\test\outculturechars.csv”, FileFormatType.CSV);

Thank you.

Hi,

I am using version 4.4.3.1. This is the last version my company updated while in subscription. I will try the latest to see if the problem is with my version or not.

Thank you

Still not working.

I have to investigate further if the stream Aspose works with is damaged before it is processed.

I’ll be back :slight_smile:
Calin

I’m back.

It is not an Aspose problem. The file stream was altered before processing it with Aspose.
Thanks for support. Topic closed.

Calin