Culture Name: en-RS is not a supported culture (MAC Java) (1496)

Hi, This presentation cant be loaded file.pptx.zip (2.6 MB)
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(“file.pptx”);

note:
Slides version 16.10.0
Java 1.8.152
High Sierra OS version 10.13
Also when i set Locale.setDefault(new Locale(“en-us”)); it works, but this is not suitable solution for me.

Thanks,
Zeljko

@Zeljko,

I have worked with source presentation shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.12 and unable to observe any issue. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides for Java 17.12 on your end and if there is still an issue than please share feedback with us.

Hi, I’ve tested slides 17.12 on Ubuntu 16.04 and I am able to reproduce the issue.

Test:

java.util.Locale.setDefault(new java.util.Locale("en", "rs"));

new Presentation("file.pptx");

Java version:1.8.0_151

Can You please recheck?

@Zeljko,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-36736 has been logged in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue.This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-36736) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for Java 18.1. Please try using the latest release version and in case you experience any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

Hi,
I’m still having an issue with this presentation. I am using latest aspose slides for java (19.2)
OpenJDK version “11.0.1”
Linux 4.4.0-96-generic x86_64

Can you please check?

@Zeljko,

We have investigated the issue further on our end. Actually, en-RS is not standard locale List of supported locales.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Culture Name: xx-XX is not a supported culture is used for the wrong Locale. I hope the shared information will be helpful.