Currency formatting lost while opening CSV files

Hi,

I am trying to open a CSV file containing numbers prefixed with $ symbol and saving the workbook as .xls. During this the currency prefix is getting lost and not appearing in the resulting .xls file. I am using the latest version of aspose.

Could you please tell me if this is a known problem of if I doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Hi,

After conducting a simple test, we found the issue as you have mentioned. Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-11840.

We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

While you are at it, could you also fix number formatting? Numbers with a comma 100,000 for example is treated as text and left aligned in the generated excel.

Thanks

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11840) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
Hi,
For the issue that $ symbol has been lost, please try the new version (v2.1.1 as suggested in the above post). Currently we have preserved the currency symbol as customized format for the cell's style. But for recognizing various Number formats, it is a complex feature due to the variety of Number formats and I am afraid we cannot support it at the moment, we may look into it later on.
Thank you.

I agree that the number formatting is a tough one. Can you at least fix the obvious ones?

For example numbers with comma and dots. That should cover a large percentage of inputs.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We have registered your issue in our issue tracking system with issue id CELLSJAVA-12006. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try the attached version.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12006) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.