Curved Connector Geom - Info Request

Hi,

I am trying to build a curved connector with specific “bending points”.
After some research I found out that you’re using a NURBSTo but I have difficulties in understanding it’s fields, especially the E field.
Do you think you could provide me some additional information about this subject please?
Given a set of “bending points”, can the E property be calculated?

Thank you,
Dragos

@dragos.petrescu,
Please note, the curved line is also known as the NURBS line and Aspose.Diagram API does not support calculating the NURBS lines.

Did you find any code snippet on our website? If so, then kindly share the link of this documentation or web page.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi,

I didn’t find any documentation online but, when I used the Aspose method:
connector.setConnectorsType(ConnectorsTypeValue.CURVED_LINES)
I noticed that in the connectors geoms it is created a NURBSTo.

I also created in VISIO a curved connector and opened it using Aspose and checked it’s geom. There was a NURBSTo in there too, so I figured out that’s how curved connectors work.

I need to create a curved connector determined by a set of control points. I am using Aspose for Java.

Since Aspose .Diagram API does not support calculation the NURBS lines, is there any other way I could create a curved connector? Will this feature be supported in the following Aspose version for Java?

@dragos.petrescu,
There is no direct way to add and calculate curved connecting lines. You can retrieve geometry of the curved line from an existing drawing to re-draw the same curved line in another drawing, as you did in a test case (in another thread). We have logged a feature request to add support of creating curved connecting lines under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50535 in our issue tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique